- G'AASKER ISLE, in the parish of Harris, county of Inverness. This is a large, green, but uninhabited island of the Hebrides, lying about four leagues north-west from Taransay. The name is derived from the Gaelic, signifying "the rock of geese," from the circumstance of its being frequented by countless numbers of wild-geese.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.